Monday, June 04, 2007

Swim Lessons!

Madelyn and Marek started swim lessons last Friday. Marek did so great - I was a little worried because it's during his nap time but he was a champ! I was also nervous that Marek's and my class started before Maddie's - she had to watch us for 15 min and someone else came to get her and take her to her class. Madelyn did great, I went over everything several times with her before we got there and she could see me through the glass the entire time. She's such a trooper! I have no pics of Marek since I was with him but he was so superb! He kicked and splashed through the entire class!

After Madelyn's class, they call the parents in to see what they learned. Here she is after jumping in to her teacher.



Then her teacher asked if she wanted to go down the slide. I assumed Madelyn would choose this one . . .

Oh, no. She passed that one up and headed for the BIG one . . .


I'm not kidding when I say I nearly had a heart attack/nervous breakdown. I was the neurotic mother yelling "Madelyn STOP". She went underwater for a little longer than either her or I had anticipated. Her teacher is consoling her after scooping her out of the water . . .


I just keep thanking God and telling her how big she is for holding her breath so well. :)

No comments: