Monday, April 28, 2008

McKinney Triathlon

I did it. Over drinks and a hockey game with a customer (who is in to "Iron Man" races and the like) in March; Joey, my boss (Howard), and I mentioned we'd done adventure races, marathons (not me), etc IN THE PAST. Our customer suggested we all do one together and apparently we all agreed! Of course, when we agreed, we assumed (bad idea) that he would mean sometime in the future - far far future. Not so. He e-mailed two races to my boss mentioning that if I didn't do the race - how could he ever trust me! Not fair. I had no choice but to do it! Now, the first race was April 27th and my boss chose that one. Oh - and it was the Sunday after an entire week of traveling for "Sales Training". Let me just set this up for you: I haven't been in the work force for 4 years and now I'm the rookie sales person at "Sales Enrichment Week". Needless to say, it was a long week. But . . . we did it!!
It started at 7:00 am and I didn't want to wake up at zero in the morning to get out to McKinney, park, get my gear all set, etc. So we stayed at a Marriott (using points) and made it a fun night for the kids. Howard had us (and the Herridges) over for dinner! It was a great evening!
It was swim, bike, run. The weather could not have been worse. It was freezing cold and raining and I thought my legs were going to fall off at the end. But who's complaining . . .
My family (including Mimi) came out to watch me and braved the yucky weather! After the race, Howard giving Marek a high five. . .
At the end of the race! So glad to be done!

No comments: