Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's with BJ

Brian and Jessica were at Madelyn's birthday celebration and came back that evening to celebrate Valentine's Day with us! The boys cooked dinner for Jessica and I. Tommy is known to cook for me once a year - always on Valentine's day. This tradition started when we got married. He takes it very seriously and makes very elaborate meals. Our first year of marriage, he made me Lobster Ravioli. It was my favorite dish from our honeymoon in Anguilla at this fabulous Italian restaurant on the beach. Not just store bought ravioli - he bought LIVE lobster, made the noodles and stuffed them with his Lobster creation. It was amazing.
Back to 2009 . . . watching these boys cook and move (a bit clumsily) around the kitchen was a treat. :)
They made this incredible seafood pasta dish which I couldn't have any of. :) Just couldn't - tune into April Blogs.
Marek was a bit nervous of the Crawfish in the trash. After I showed him that they were not moving, he held one (a bit relunctantly).

Tom and Brian working ferverishly in the kitchen. I looked on as my kitchen turned into a disaster area!
Don't they look like they're having so much fun!
Jessica and I didn't want to get in the way . . .
They worked so hard!
I'll end with Brian's "check me out" pose . . .
I had just the pasta and it turned out great!! ;) Everything looked so perfect. Thank you, boys, for a very special and memorable Valentine's Day Dinner.

No comments: