Monday, August 24, 2009

Madelyn's First Day of Kindergarten!

I can't believe my baby girl has started Kindergarten today. This day seemed so far away to me when she was just a baby. It sounds so cliche but it really does seem like yesterday that I was snuggling with her in our hospital bed. My first born. My little pink baby has grown to such a mature little 5 year old girl.Walking into school - she was SO excited.
Learning her routine - take out folder and lunch from backpack and put in their respective places then hang backpack . . .

A very swollen momma fighting back the tears and her baby girl going off into the world.
School starts early for them so I had signed up to help with sorting school supplies. It helped with my transition.
I was able to keep peeking in on my princess . . .
Oops - I've been spotted . . .

When I picked her up she kept repeating "I love Kindergarten, I love Kindergarten . . ."
She did so great and earned 3 gold coins her first day!! It's the most anyone got (a few others got 3 also). I'm so proud of my big girl. :)

No comments: