Friday, February 12, 2010

Winter Wonderland

The snow started at about 2:15 am - I was awake letting Brock outside as the very first big fluffy flakes started to fall . . . I was amazing to find out that Madelyn's school was still open. I got her ready for school and we headed out into the crazy, slushy, white mess . . .
The snow was so sticky - it stuck to every little branch - so beautiful.
Just a couple hours later the snow had not let up . . .
Our house - I never realized how big that tree was!




By lunch the school had called to say that we could pick up our children at any time . . .
As the snow fell it brought me back almost 6 years ago when I was in the hospital in labor with Madelyn. I had just started laboring and had no idea at the time that I had two more days of it. When she was born on February 14th, 2004, it looked just like this. It's hard to believe my baby girl is almost 6 years old.

No comments: