Thursday, September 27, 2007

BRIAN AND JESSICA ARE ENGAGED!!

That's right! He finally popped the question. I guess he wanted to wait until they were in France - something about it being one of the most romantic places on earth or something . . .

Here is the beautiful story - very worth telling (I'm so proud of Brian!):
They were in Beaune, France in the Burgundy region. Brian did so much research on everything - from the ring to the town - every little detail. He found the church prior to their trip. It was the Cathedral de Notre Dame de Beaune. He then followed up with the hotel manager to make sure the church was big and romantic! Their first night, August 25, (he couldn't stinkin' wait!), he told Jessica that they should take an evening stroll and tour of the city. She agreed thinking that they were just wandering around . . .

They walked up to the church holding hands and Jessica was admiring the architecture (hehehe). Brian pulled on her hand to make her turn around and there he was on one knee with the ring in one hand and Jessica's in the other. He said, "I have a question for you." (naturally, Jessica started to cry). "Will you be my wife for the rest of my life." She, of course, said "I would love to be your wife!"
It still gives me chills, makes my nose sting and eyes water! I am so proud of Brian! They called the next morning just giddy on the phone (spending ~ $1M/minute) and asked me to be one of their bridesmaids!! I, too, started to cry. I thanked them for giving me a year to lose weight! ;)
Brian designed the ring all by himself and it is exceptionally BEAUTIFUL!


Congratulations, Brian and Jessica!

No comments: