Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Long Time No Blog

We sold our house! So I've been crazy busy. And might I add that if you are trying to sell your home, you MUST bury a statue of St. Joseph in your yard. Our house went up for sale mid June. Trying to save on realtor fees, we went with a realtor service (creekviewrealty). We were a little nervous when, after about a month, we had only shown the house approximately 3 times! Realtors don't like these services much, I guess. To make matters worse, there was a house that went up for sale about 5 houses down from us (the same house; with more upgrades; and in a better school district) for $30K LESS than ours. We were very discouraged.

We had heard about the idea of burying St. Joseph from several people and decided to finally give it a try. The week we buried it, I saw a man outside our kitchen window and Madelyn was waving saying "hi, I'm Maddie". Nice. I noticed he had our flyer in hand and his mother was with him - they looked harmless. I motioned for them to go to the backyard from the window and eventually invited them in. The next day, we negotiated the price and we closed on August 30. Days later, Countrywide tanked. What a blessing!
So now we are homeless! We're actually renting from him until mid October - then we'll move in with my parents if we don't find a house. Since Tom's new job is in east Plano, we're looking in Coppell (nice middle of the road). Please keep us in your prayers!
I'll be adding blogs with more pics soon.
I must go dig up St. Joseph now and thank him profusely.
God Bless!

No comments: