Thursday, December 27, 2007

My big girl

This afternoon, Madelyn called me upstairs - she had gone "pee pee and poo poo" and needed my assistance for the wiping. She's very self sufficient if it's #1 but when it's #2 or #1 and #2 - that's when mommy comes in. I decided this afternoon to tell her that she's a big enough girl now to do it on her own. I guess I'd been holding on to that since she does just about everything else on her own. Maybe I could have picked something less dirty . . . Anyway, surprisingly, she met my comment with much excitement . . .
Madelyn: "ok! Yes, I am a big girl now mommy - I can
wipe my poo poo myself"
Mommy: "I think that's a great idea - you are a big
girl, Lu"
Madelyn: (very matter-of-factly) "and when I get bigger, and
bigger, and bigger . . . I'll be your age."
I nearly split my seams laughing and she did her forced laugh like she does when she knows that she said something funny but doesn't really understand what . . . I love my little Lu. . .
I didn't realize how much that little thing would mean to her. She's told everyone that walked through the door tonight about how she's a big girl now and can wipe her own poo poo.
I love potty talk . . .

No comments: