Friday, March 07, 2008

Back to Work

That's right. I took the sales job at Corning. I'm actually pretty excited about it. I flew to Hickory, NC on Monday this week and had some training, meetings, and tours. I was then scheduled to fly out to Las Vegas on Thursday evening for the weekend for my birthday! Woo Hoo! Sooooo - I didn't have any meetings on Thursday (yesterday) so I left Charlotte on the first flight - 7:05 am. I was up at 4:30. Then I got to DFW (AA doesn't fly direct from CLT to LAS) - no problem! 2nd in line on the standby list for the 9:50 am flight only 2 gates away from my arrival gate! Greatness! Well, after rolling over 3 flights - it started snowing. Tommy, Jason and I were all scheduled on different flights to get to Vegas to meet Kelly. Then they announced that ALL flights were canceled for the day - this was at about 4:30pm. Apparently there is something that the northern states have figured out about flying in the snow. They take off in blizzards!! We had about 3 - 4 inches of snow and EVERYTHING was canceled. So, here I sit on my birthday (boo hoo) NOT in Vegas saying "all in!" at the Hold 'em tables. The soonest they could get us out there was Saturday evening at 10:45 pm. That's nice. Our return flight was at 12:55 am Sat evening (Sun morning really). I'm just really feeling sorry for myself right now. This is so not what I'm supposed to be doing today. . . :(

I was really excited to see my kids, though. Then Marek threw up all over me. Back to life - back to reality. :)

No comments: