Tuesday, January 20, 2009

40+9+6+2+101+7+5=Hole-in-ONE

That's right, in my very short golfing career (playing maybe a couple dozen times in my life) I hit my first (yes that's right - giving myself the opportunity for more) Hole-In-One!!! I was in Orlando for a business trip.

It was FREEZING in Fl while we were there and I didn't pack for cold weather. I luckily grabbed a fleece as I was headed out the door to the airport. It was inauguration day (I remember - I was quite sad ;) and I had had a few cocktails the night before so I wasn't in tip-top shape. We decided to play golf at the hotel's course in the frigid 40 deg weather. Just a quick 9 holes after some meetings and lunch. I reluctantly played instead of napping. We were on the 6th hole and it was very windy. The guys teed off and said to club up 2 because of all the wind. The other girl and I decided to just to club up one because it wasn't as windy from the forward tees. We were below the elevation of the green so we couldn't exactly see the hole. It was 101 yards so I grabbed the 7 iron out my rental bag (Taylor Maids) after watching Kara place her ball so nicely onto the green. I took a couple practice swings and swoosh . . . I watched as my ball approached the pin and then I lost it. I figured it had gone over the green - a little too much muscle. Everyone started saying they heard it hit the pin and then it disapeared - they thought it went in. We were playing with a 5-some (so I have 4 witnesses!). We heard some people clapping from their balconies. I still didn't believe it as you'll notice from the photos - I have my pitching wedge and my putter. Sure enough, there was my cute Titleist 1 Disney ball right in that hole!!! I felt like a superstar. After much celebration and watching everyone else putt, we got in our carts and Stu wittily asked"Jacque - what did you get on that hole?"
"ONE!" I shouted.

Watch out, Tiger, here I come . . .

No comments: