Thursday, May 14, 2009

Madelyn's Pre-K Graduation

I just love the preschool my kids attend (past tense for Madelyn!). They had a big graduation ceremony for all the Pre-K students going into Kindergarten "next year". I think it's funny how they say "next year" when it's only 3 months away!! My baby is going to be starting school in just 3 months. My baby. I'm not sure where the time went.
We took up an entire row at the program. :)
It was a Beach Party theme.
My tired guy and me.
Madelyn waving to her adorning fans (us). Brian was soooo cute. He stood up and made sure she saw where we were sitting and kept waving to her and snapping photos. Such a proud uncle and God Father.
Trying not to smile . . .
She just can't help it!
There's my rock star!!
Here is a short video clip of one of their 3 routines on stage. In this one her class was playing kazoos.
It was all a little too much for my man. He was out before the program even started.
I layed him down on the seat behind me to make him more comfortable. Now my (much larger) bottom was sitting on about 2" of cushion. :)
Here is Madelyn accepting her "diploma" from Ms. Brenda.
The recession. They all have their new bibles. So sweet.
After the show, we all went to get her out of her classroom. Nana had flowers for her.
She felt like a movie star.
We found out about half way through the year that Ms. Brenda and Mimi were related! One of the readers books we brought home had "Brenda Stavinoha" stamped on the inside. Not a very common last name. I asked her about it and she seemed a little concerned as to how I knew her maiden name! When I told her she was relieved that it wasn't because I was doing background checks. :) Turns out they are related - Mimi's dad was her grandfather's brother, I think. Anyway, I gave Ms. Brenda the Stavinoha genealogy chart. So fun! I know my girl was in good hands. :)

My baby girl and me.
Madelyn and Maleina (daughter of one of Tom's MBA friends who attends the same preschool).
After the big celebration, we all headed back to our place for the afterparty!
BJ got lots of hugs, kisses, and tickles!
So much fun. We really appreciate everyone coming out on a Thursday night (school night) to celebrate our precious girl.

No comments: