Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Three

My baby boy turned THREE yesterday. I still can't believe it. He's my baby. It was 3 years ago today that I was in a postpartum haze praying to God (along with all of my family and friends) not to take my baby. He was born with a spontaneous pneumothorax. They initially thought he had water on his lungs (common in C-section babies). By the time the doctors figured out what it was, his lung was already collapsing and starting to crush his heart. His chest was filled with air and they had to put a hole in my 1 day old to put a tube into his chest cavity to pull out the air. You can read all about it on my first post . He is my little miracle baby and is such a fighter!



To this day he's still such a toughie but also the kindest and sweetest little boy you could imagine. He must have told me 20 times yesterday that he loved me. Be still my beating heart.



Opening his present from mommy and daddy . . .
Blowing out his candles . . .
Birthdays are so exciting!
Mari got him some great alphabet and numbers puzzles. He LOVES puzzles and wanted to open them right away!

Happy 3rd Birthday, my sweet angel boy. I Love you SO much it hurts my heart. :)

No comments: