Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Hoochie Mamas

Now the Hoochie Mommies! That's right - 6 years and 4 children later we decided to hit the mountain biking trails again! I can't believe it's been that long since we all three rode together.

Here is a picture of the three of us at our peak in 2000. The backdrop is Cindy's parents 25,000 acre property out west. We would train there before our races. This was the same year we got 1st place in our all girls team "24 Hours of Rocky Hill" race and the next year we placed 4th in the "Hi-Tec Adventure Race" (all girls team)!


We went out last Saturday to the Roanoke trail. My legs were so shakey at first and I couldn't go down the first hill. Once I relaxed a little and felt the adrenaline and "blood rushing to my head" feeling of going down those hills and trails - I remembered why I loved it so much!
Here we are before the ride . . .
And after - no injuries and we're smiling! It was so fun!
I love my Hoochies!

No comments: