Sunday, February 24, 2008

Emergency Room

Well, today has been an interesting day. I went to the grocery store this morning by myself (ahhh relaxing - sad isn't it?). I got a call on my cell phone from an unkown number and answered it. It was my husband, saying "everything's ok - alright? Just . . . everything's ok . . .". That's never a good sign. I asked what happened and felt my stomach sinking. Tom had given the kids some mixed nuts while he was preparing lunch. Marek got one caught in his throat and wasn't breathing - turning purple - etc. He called from the emergency room. Marek is fine - daddy got most of it out at home with the little baby CPR he remembered but Marek was still breathing funny so he had to take them to the hospital. At one point in the car his breathing was really labored and he had his head down. By the time he was about 5 minutes away from the hospital - Marek was breathing and acting normally again. I nearly had a heart attack on the way there my heart was beating so hard. I started crying in the middle of the Super Target. The other bad thing was - I had my car . . . with the two car seats. Tom had to put Madelyn in the back seat with NO car seat! I guess I won't be winning "Mother of the Year" this year. I'm so thankful that God and Marek's gaurdian angel was watching over him . . .


I know I've been blessed with no emergency room visits thus far and there will probably be many more in our future (especially with a boy) but it doesn't make them any easier . . .

So when we got home and everything settled down, I went outside to take pictures of the house. I heard Tom in the house yelling at Brock so I went back inside. He said there was a bird in the house and he couldn't find it. After a brief search, I found the bird on the dining room table.

(I'll have to attach pictures later - I think there's something wrong with Blogger)

It had flown into one of the 4 - floor to sealing wall of windows and must have knocked his head pretty good. It seemed a bit disheveled. I grabbed the plate it was sitting on and brought it outside. It must have hit it's little head pretty hard because it just sat their looking terrified. After a while outside, it was gone. I'm just going to believe that it "came to" and took flight!

I'm ready for bed!

No comments: