Saturday, April 18, 2009

Big Girl Bed


It is about time to get Marek out of his crib now that he is almost 3 years old! He's been able to climb out of it for quite some time but has only done so a few times. I figured it would be easiest to get Madelyn some new "big girl" bedroom furniture and give Marek the "lifetime" crib/toddler bed/full size bed.


Susan had told me about Weir's Furniture in Southlake (also in Dallas). She had always said they had great deals sometimes. So I took Madelyn there last Saturday "just to look". We both fell in love with this beautiful bedroom set that was on sale for just the weekend. The entire bed (Four post bed with head & foot boards, rails, etc) was only $199!!! Brand new Hooker furniture. Madelyn actually picked it - I was glad it wasn't too "childish" because I wanted it to last until she moves out. :)

A week later they delivered and set it all up. It is so pretty!

I (yes me) converted Madelyn's bed back into the toddler bed for Marek. It took me a while searching through boxes in the garage to find the hardware but I found it! He loves it but still waits for us to come upstairs to get him in the morning. It's too cute.
Now if Tom and I could just get some bedroom furniture!

No comments: