Sunday, April 26, 2009

Gena's Bachelorette Party

Gena had her Bachelorette party in Leakey. Megan, Sarah and I flew into San Antonio on Friday night and drove into Leakey. There was no mistake that my role for the weekend was to be the pregnant, sober, grown-up. :)
On Saturday morning Megan and I had appointments at the Concan Country Club. Megan had a massage and I had the facial. While I was waiting for my facial, I called home to check on everyone. Madelyn had fallen out of her big girl bed in the middle of the night and cut her cheek open pretty badly on the corner of her nightstand. In the almost 3 years we had her other big girl bed, she never fell out once.
Saturday morning (for everyone else) started off with horseshoes and shot gunning beer!
After sitting down in the river and watching all these girls down pitcher after pitcher of beer ritas, we headed up river to "the cliffs" and some rope swings. Gena, Tammy, and Megan were considering jumping from the cliffs and Sarah, completely inebriated, tried talking them out of it. The river was a bit low but it wasn't too bad. I told them not to, also, because I was the only sober one of the bunch! One of Sarah's tactics to get them not to jump was taking off her swimsuit top. Her intentions were good. As you can imagine, this didn't seem to change their minds. :)
They jumped, of course. I told Megan not to since she never had before. Makes me too nervous.

That night we all got ready and went into downtown Leakey! We had dinner at the pizza place and then drove over to the "Hog Pen" - a biker bar!

We had some "bachelorette party cards" that we attempted using here. After the second one read "find 5 men and get their business cards" we figured these weren't cut out for Leakey!
Then the bartender told us he had a karaoke machine! We figured it would have 1960s country music but they actually had current songs! We must have sung Lady Gaga's "Just Dance" no less than 20 times. This place will never be the same!



No comments: