Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Adios Casita

Well, we're out of our house and living with Nana and Papa. They've graciously allowed our small family of FOUR to invade their home! I feel so unsettled but so blessed to know that I have all that I need. The Lord is so good to us. I'm sure I'll soon realize that I don't need all of the "stuff" that was crammed into all three of the PODS we filled. Monday was our last day. Nana watched the kids while Tom and I finished cleaning and moving last minute things. I shed tears (ok - I cried my eyes out) walking through my empty, quiet house. Why are we (women) so sappy and emotionally attached to physical things?! We then left Brock over at the neighbors. They will be watching him until we find a home. That was tough. I talked to Felicia the next day and she said he kept running back to the door waiting for us to come back. Poor baby boy. He is my first baby. :( I miss him already. That was our first home. Tom and I bought it about two months before we got married. Our family more than doubled in size in the 5+ years we lived there. I'm sad that Marek will not remember the house and that Madelyn may only have a vague memory of it. I love our neighbors there and will miss them terribly. Moving on to yet another chapter in our lives. I am confident that God will bring us the right house at the right time.

But if we hope for what is still unseen by us, we wait for it with patience and composure.
~ Romans 8:25

Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.
—Philippians 4:11

No comments: