Thursday, October 01, 2009

Micah's Bedding

. . . is almost finished!! Mimi just left today :( but while she was here she finished Micah's crib dust ruffle and the bumper (just needs some bows to hold it in place). I made the fitted sheet using a very easy tutorial I found online. So much fun! I absolutely love it - mimi did an AMAZING job! The only things left are the bows for the bumper and the comforter. I have so much extra material so we're going to do some fun pillows and such.
Here is Mimi in the middle of making the bumper. Marek is "helping" . . .
Here it is all put together . . .

The inside of the bumper is the softest minky fabric and the crib sheet is also so very soft. Makes me want to crawl inside and snuggle up!

Mimi left enough material from the dust ruffle to make the ruffles on the top of the bumper and it turned out beautiful!





To think I bought all of the material at one fabric store ! When I picked out Marek's bedding fabrics, I went to about 10 different stores in Dallas on a Saturday while I was 800 thousand months pregnant with him. I gathered all the fabric samples and made another trip out on Sunday to buy all the material. Not this time - I wasn't in the mood to trek all over Dallas with Madelyn so it was a one stop shop!
This is a picture of a quilt that Kara (from work) made for Micah! I just LOVE it and the colors are absolutely perfect. I told her pink and brown and she picked the exact pink. It is BEAUTIFUL and so special. :) Thank you, Kara!
On a totally unrelated subject . . .
At bible study last night, I met another mom who was pregnant with her 3rd baby (4 1/2 yr old girl and 18 month old boy at home) due October 14th!! She had a baby girl this morning at 5:15! So bizarre! So I'm thinking if Micah doesn't come this weekend - it will be October 7th. :) Just because.

No comments: