Thursday, September 10, 2009

34 Weeks - Micah Update

I went into see my doctor on Wednesday because I had lots of contractions Monday night (3 - 5 min apart), a headache for 3 days, and gained 5 lbs in ONE week. That's right - I said it. 5 lbs. I'm so swollen I feel like I'm unrecognizable.
Speaking of - I love the comments I get from total strangers - usually women:
At the fabric store in Dallas from an older and heavier woman: "Wow. When are you due?" me: "I feel like any second but not until October." I know EXACTLY what is coming at this point. woman: "Oh, my. I thought you were going to say this week. Are you having twins?"
Seriously?? When is that ever ok to say to someone. I didn't say to her: "How old are you? Really?! You look SO much older."
Hmmmm - not a bad idea. . . or
"when are you due? Oh, you're not pregnant, too? Sorry."
Ok - I'm losing it. I'm really not that hateful.
Might I digress . . .
So I was worried about pre-eclampsia because I was pre-eclamptic with Madelyn. Those are a few of the signs. Doctor said I looked ok but to call or come back in if I have more contractions that won't go away after laying on my left side, blah, blah.
He then said that if I went into labor in a week he wouldn't stop it. That freaked me out a little. I printed out my "Hospital Bag Checklist" and started packing that night. I'd only be 35 weeks! I am going to try to hold this little girl in there for at least 2 more weeks so she's FULLY cooked. I really can't wait to meet her, though!

3 comments:

pam said...

Oh, don't you love strangers comments. They feel like if your pregnant or just had a baby that they can comment on your pregnancy state or give you baby/parenting advice. Hang in there. I know I don't want to deliver too early either, but it sure sounds nice to just get this over with.

Michelle said...

When I was pregnant with Sydney, we went to visit some friends that had a baby two months before Syd was due and the hospital staff was trying to send me to Labor and Delivery cause they thought I was in labor! I already felt like a whale and that made me feel even worse. Hang in there!

Oleys said...

Thank you, ladies! I'm always just so surprised because it's normally women who make the comments! Men have apparently learned or had the fear of God put in them to never make a comment at ALL about a pregnant woman. I think I just LOOK as miserable as I feel right now. :)