Monday, September 07, 2009

Nap Mat

I woke up early this morning and started on Marek's nap mat (for school tomorrow) so I could have it done by the time he got home. Tom and Marek were in Leakey for part of last week and the weekend for a father/son trip and last hoorah before school starts. Madelyn and I stuck around here having girl time since she has school and dance. On Saturday, after dance, we went fabric shopping in Dallas for Micah's bedding and then visited Brian and Jessica. Yesterday we hit JoAnn Fabrics to get Marek's nap mat materials.
I found this site with this tutorial for making nap mats. I'm definitely a novice at sewing but was able to follow along her very simple instructions!

Here is the finished product:

I couldn't find a Spiderman pattern and he absolutely LOVES Scooby Doo so it was the next best thing . . .
I'm happy with how it turned out - with the flaws and all!

It's a good thing I started early because I was literally tying the knot on the last button when they pulled into the driveway at 5:00! Marek LOVES it - he wants to sleep on it tonight in his bed. :)

2 comments:

The Slyes - Aubrey, David, and Harrison said...

love your blog - will refer to you for a nap mat when Harrison starts school! when are yall coming to town? xo

Jenny Garland said...

The nap mat turned out precious! And I love the Scooby Doo fabric :) So glad you liked the tutorial :) YAY North TX!!