Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

We spent Christmas Eve at Nana and Papa's house. I gave Micah a bath before we went and her hair is so curly after we wash it - I just had to get some pictures of her 'fro!!
Madelyn and Marek are still so in love with their little baby sister. Be still my beating heart.

Kelly and Jason brought the boys' present from Santa to Nana and Papa's house. A little Havanese puppy - Bella! She is just so precious.

Madelyn and Ashlynn couldn't keep their little paws off of her!

So sweet.


Nana had the tables decorated so cute. The little angels are made from coffee filters. Or if you ask my dad - he slaved making all the pleats in all the papers himself. :)

It started to snow and it was so beautiful. First white Christmas in the DFW area since 1926!

Kelly, the boys, and her little girl!

Marek playing with baby Ava. He's so sweet with babies. :)
Nana's little mice . . . she made these little chocolate truffles shaped like mice. Too stinkin' cute.

The kids loved them!
Just like Ozzy Osbourne! Bite the heads off! hehehe
The kids asked over and over again when they could open their gifts. It was finally time . . .
Nana and Papa had them all open their gifts together. They went WAY above and beyond again. They each got their own Zhu Zhu which, btw, I hadn't even heard of! Not only did they get their own Zhu Zhu but they got almost all of the accessories. I don't know how Nana and Papa do it.

THEN they each got a guitar with a guitar lesson book and DVD. . .

Opening their GIANT stockings . . .
Madelyn showing off her framed picture of all the grandbabies. . .
Great Grandma Z got all the kids (including Micah and Ava) their very own counting banks with money!
She got all the families gift cards. . .

Thank you, Momzee!!
Micah slept through most of it with her crazy hair!

And it kept snowing, and snowing . . .
Church services were canceled and we just took it slowly on the way home. Marek was out before I could even take a picture of them in the car. We had JUST left my parent's house. . .
We got home and I got prepared for Christmas day at our house! I found a recipe for homeade cinnamon rolls that are supposed to be a Cinnabon clone. They turned out GREAT! I need to work on the making and kneading of the dough but they were scrumptious!
I just love Christmas. :)

No comments: