Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Nana and Papa

. . . saved the day and watched the kids while I got my hair done on Tuesday. Nana even folded my laundry and cleaned! :) I hadn't gotten a lot of sleep because Marek came downstairs in the middle of the night to sleep with us. He wet our bed and me. : I got up at about 1:30 am and changed the sheets, Marek, and myself, washed the sheets and fell back into bed. Then Brock woke me up at 3:30 am to go outside. Yes - me again. Just another typical night in the Oley household. Tom never wakes up - to anything! I got up grumbling to let Brock out. Opened the door and turned on the light - Brock started growling and running. I looked up to see someone in a stark white hooded sweatshirt running between the truck and car into the back of the yard by the fence. Brock cornered him and I slammed the door trembling. I "whisper shouted" to Tom as to not wake Micah and Marek. He didn't budge. I said it louder - "Tom, someone is in our backyard!". Third times the charm. He sat straight up and said "someone?!", grabbed the gun and joined me at the back window. I called the police and it took them 15 minutes to get to our house. I did tell them that I couldn't see the person anymore - I'm sure they jumped the fence.
Micah fell back asleep snuggling with Papa. . .

Thank you, Nana and Papa SO much for helping me!!!

No comments: