Thursday, December 03, 2009

ICE!

We packed up the kids and headed to Ice - the big ice sculpture exhibit at the Gaylord in Grapevine. This year the theme was "The Grinch" so we wanted to make sure we got to see it with the kids. We bundled everyone up warm, warm, warm - it's 9 deg inside!

Waiting to get our tickets (playing with my camera). Doesn't Micah looked thrilled?
We got our parkas on and headed in!

They have a room that had four slides made out of ice. I brought the kids up the stairs the first time and let them go down. The next time I started them up the stairs and then stood at the bottom waiting for them to come down. I waited and waited and waited. . . then I saw Madelyn coming down the stairs - no Marek. I panicked and we started searching for him. I didn't realize at the time that there were two sets of slides. He had gone down the other side. Let me tell you - EVERYONE looks the same in the blue parkas. You have big blue parkas and little blue parkas walking around. We finally found someone in a red parka that worked there and they said they had found a little boy. My tears were frozen in their ducts. We ran out to the end and there was my boy being held by some woman in a red parka. He kept looking past daddy until he saw me and only then did I see the relief on his face and his body relax. He ran to me and then started to cry. I cried with him. He stayed strong until he saw me. :( He kept asking where we went and it made me cry harder. I'm so thankful that God and Marek's guardian angels watch over him so well.

Marek wanted to finish going through the exhibit so I held onto his blue parka with a death grip . . .

Everything is made out of ice - it was amazing!
At the end they had a nativity scene exhibit - it was beautiful!

Madelyn playing with the penguins - me playing with the camera! :)
We walked around the Gaylord after the Ice exhibit - it's decorated so beautifully for Christmas.
One last family shot then it was straight home and to bed!

No comments: